Professor, New York University
Director, The NYU Center on U.S.-China Relations
B.A. 1966, Harvard; M.P.A. 1968, Princeton; Ph.D. 1975, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- China, the U.S. and the Future of Central Asia, Ed. and Contributor, NYU Press, forthcoming, Spring 2015.
- The Economic & Strategic Rise of China and India (Palgrave-Macmillan, paperback edition, 2009)
- China: Contemporary Political, Economic and International Affairs, Ed. and Contributer (NYU Press, 2007)
- Ballistic Missile Defense in the Post-Cold War Era (Westview Press, 1995)
- Real Reciprocity: Balancing U.S. Economic and Security Policies in the Pacific Basin (Council on Foreign Relations, 1993)
Previous Professional Positions: Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Defense; Vice President for Policy Analysis, U.S. Export-Import Bank; Project Director, Economic Policy Council, United Nations Assn.; Assistant to the President, National Bureau of Economic Research; Program Economist, USAID, Dept. of State, Jakarta, Indonesia